Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Planet Boabab

The next day was a lot of driving but we stayed at a beautiful campsite in Gweta called Planet Boabab, named after the enormous 3,000 year old trees dotted through the park. The trunks are so huge it took 9 people linked hand in hand to get around one. The campsite was beautiful, not only for the trees but also the quirky decor of the bar, pool and restaurant.

A highlight was tasting the fruit of the Boabab. Like a cross between mango and pineapple, you suck the dry popcorn-like flesh and it melts slowly in your mouth. Yum scrum!

The rains came again and it was strange falling asleep with water pelting the canvas next to my head. But another sound nights sleep in Africa.

Miss watching my Harvs sleeping spread eagle on the bed between my legs. Kiss him goodnight for me.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, please send me a comment!